Published on April 13th, 2012 | by Tumble Guy1
Spotify on Tumblr – Widget, Playlist, Tracks, Tutorials
Published by Tumble Guy on April 13th, 2012 |
I’ve been using spotify ever since it came out. It was kind of like a tumblr for music to me. I would find playlist and subscribe to them and lead me to other people with the same tastes in music as me and also songs I’ve never discovered before. That is why I’m so happy that this integration finally happened.
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how post a spotify song or playlist on tumblr. You can see a demo here.
How to Post Spotify on Tumblr
1. The first thing you need to do is to sign up for a spotify account and install it to your computer. You don’t have to pay anything to add it to your tumblr. It’s totally free.
2. Next find songs you would like to add to tumblr. Type in the name of the song, artist, or album on the search form at the top-left and hit enter.
3. Right-click on the song you want to add and click copy spotify url
4. Now, Go to your tumblr audio post or click here
5. Click Use a URL and paste the url you copied from spotify
6. Add a description if you want, then click Create post.
How to Create a Spotify Playlist on Tumblr
If you want to post a playlist instead of just a single song, follow these steps:
1. Go to your Spotify app and click New Playlist on the left site. Add a name to your playlist.
2. Search for songs you want to add and drag them to your playlist.
3. Once you added a couple of songs, right-click your playlist name and choose Copy Spotify URL
4. Now go to your audio post page
5. Click Use URL and then paste the URL you copied from Spotify.
6. Add a description if you want and then hit create post.
Tumblr tip: If you want to add more songs to a playlist that you already posted, you can. Just go to your spotify app and drag more songs to your playlist. This will automatically update the playlist you already uploaded on tumblr.
Spotify Widget not Available in your country?
Unfortunately, one of the downsides of this update is that spotify is only available on selected countries. It’s such a shame because Tumblr is such a global platform. If you are not from Belgium, Switzerland, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, you will get the following message:
“Sorry, we’re not available where you are. Leave your email to stay tuned for good news”