Published on March 12th, 2012 | by Tumble Guy1
Hypster Music Player – Tumblr Widget
Published by Tumble Guy on March 12th, 2012 |
Hypster Music Player for Tumblr is another popular music player I see on Tumblr. If you want a small music player that won’t annoy your visitors, this is one that I recommend.
The only thing that you might find troublesome when installing Hypster for Tumblr is that you need to register for an account. However, once you finish that step, all music available on the site can now be added to your playlist.
Here is a demo tumblr page I made to show how a Hypster music player would look like. I customized it so that only the controls would show.
How to Add Hypster Music Player to your Tumblr Theme:
- First, go to Hypster.com and Register for an account.
- After signing up, search for music within the site and add them to your playlist by clicking the “+s” sign
- After adding your songs, click “My Account”
- Click “Player Skins”on the right side to customize your player and get the code.
- Here, you can either choose a Bar widget or Classic Player
- If you want a small music player, choose the classic player option. This is the one I have on the demo page.
- If you want to change the color of your music player, select “Customize” from the “Player Color Scheme” drop-down menu.
- Once you’re done customizing, copy the code on the right.
How to Install Hypster Code to Tumblr
- Now go to your Tumblr > Customize Theme > Edit HTML.
- Paste the code where you want it to appear. For example, your description.
- Click Save, then close. You’re done!
Make your player smaller or hidden:
Below are codes you can edit to customize your player. In the code you pasted, find where the highlighted parts are and change it to the following:
If you want a small music player, change the width to 50px and the height to 16px. If you want your player hidden, set the height and with to 0px and change visible to hidden
Delete this to remove the link to Hypster.com
If you want a similar small music player and want to upload your own songs, you might want to check out Billy Music Player.